Tuesday, February 24, 2009

http://www.Critique@MSN.Groups.com

As of yesterday, my access to MSN Groups is blocked, daily harassment is aimed at frustrating my communication efforts or on-line research. This experience is part of a pattern dating from 1988 to 2009. I believe that New Jersey officials and members of that state's bar association are complicit in these and many other criminal violations of my rights in a state that is the most corrupt and inept in the nation. ("Law and Ethics in the Soprano State" and "Does Senator Menendez Have Mafia Friends?")

What follows is the "Welcome" message that appeared at my MSN group, Critique. My words have proved prophetic. I am unable to post images with my writings or profile due to damage done to my computer by New Jersey's protected criminal hackers. I will provide links to images that I will continue to use in my work.

I do not know and cannot say whether my writings at Critique -- including my short stories -- continue to exist or have been plagiarized and/or destroyed. I will, eventually, re-post each one, with the initial date of publication listed. I will spend part of every day struggling to return to MSN Groups. ("What is it like to be plagiarized?" and "What is it like to be tortured?")

I am now informed by a notice that appears on my screen that MSN has also "closed." I am somewhat doubtful about this claim. I am even more doubtful, sadly, about America's commitment to freedom of speech these days.

http://nyc.metblogs.com/archives/2006/08/16%20-%20shaft.gif (Image)

I have never been charged with or convicted of a crime. I have never informed against anyone or filed a grievance against an attorney. I have never committed a crime. Cyberstalking is still a daily experience for me. (See "Burn Notice.") I am often unable to update my security system.

Still difficult to get here, sometimes, reach my e-mail, or to correct new "errors." Images have been blocked. Many essays were defaced. (See "What is it like to be tortured?" and "Law and Ethics in the Soprano State.") I am told that MSN Groups is closing in February, 2009. If this is true, then I will try to reproduce this group elsewhere. Congratulations to President-elect Barack Obama!

Essays at this Group are copyright protected. This notice is intended to satisfy the provisions of the U.S. Copyright Act. Images will be blocked. "Errors" will be inserted by hackers. Sometimes, it will be difficult for me to access this site. I will struggle, every day, to write and change the image at Critique. Some of my essays have been corrected in identical ways maybe fifty times or more. Telephone calls from telemarketers are received throughout the day, every day. My Internet signal is often blocked. My security system is frequently disabled. This suggests use of government resources in a targeted effort at harassment that is based on the content of my opinions.

All posts are also subject to the protections of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Unfortunately, this does not mean much to hackers attacking these works. A list of websites blocked was deleted by hackers from this page. I do not believe in anonymity when criticizing public figures. My name is Juan Galis-Menendez. (2009) All rights reserved.

My books should be available from http://www.lulu.com/JuanG I cannot access my books on-line. I do not know whether they remain available as I wrote them. One of my books will not be distributed to book sellers. Much of what I write meets with the disapproval of Right-wing anti-Castro groups and their political friends. (See the "General," "Law," "Digs" and "Politics" sections of this Group.)

Today, I experience censorship; tomorrow, it will be your favorite newspaper that is censored. If more than two days pass without a new post, please believe that my silence will not be voluntary. At any time my computer may be destroyed or damaged beyond repair.

Hackers (today) have made numerous efforts to insert the same errors or typos in these texts, as part of an on-going attempt to destroy my work or to frustrate my writing efforts, with the goal of discouraging me from writing. A reader who does not know me or my work will assume: 1) such errors are mine, and are "missed" by me in proofreading; 2) thus, my thoughts will be deemed "unworthy of consideration" while they, these adversaries, are entitled to feel smarter or otherwise superior to me and to ignore what I say. This is not paranoia, but the fruit of painful experiences, over many years. See my essays concerning Noam Chomsky's Turkish Publisher and the various comments on the "Publish America" episode and destruction of "The Philosophy Cafe," also at MSN. Corruption? Pay offs? What else can explain use of such tactics over a period of years?

A relentless, insulting, offensive, ignorant attack on a person's self-esteem produces either iron-like determination or abject surrender and collapse. Whatever else happens in my life, my only response to such tactics is -- and will be -- unrelenting and total resistance, determination, and fierce struggle against this evil. This is true even if I must make the same corrections, endlessly.

"To speak of the 'purposes' of the first amendment's protections of speech, press, assembly, petition, and (by implication) association is to risk begging the central question posed by the Constitution's most majestic guarantee: is the freedom of speech to be regarded only as a means to some further end -- like successful self-government, or social stability, or (somewhat less instrumentally) the discovery and dissemination of truth -- or is freedom of speech in part also an end in itself, an expression of the sort of society we wish to become and the sort of persons we wish to be? No adequate conception of so basic an element of our fundamental law, it will be argued here, can be developed in purely instrumental or purposive terms."

Laurence Tribe, American Constitutional Law (New York: Foundation Press, 1988), p. 785 (emphasis added). As you see my daily struggle against state censorship, ask yourself this question, a question which is baffling the world:

"What happened to the United States of America?"

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_01/mcavoyG0503_468x694.jpg (Still here.)