Thursday, January 14, 2010

Outline for a Novel.

Writings in a Torture Chamber: A Memoir in the Form of a Novel.

OUTLINE

Introduction.

Chapter I: "I am born."

Chapter II: "I am transported to America."

Chapter III: "Visit to a Small Planet."

Chapter IV: "The Infinite Library."

Chapter V: "Go Not to Wittemberg."

Chapter VI: "The Law is a Jealous Mistress."

Chapter VII: "Relationships, Contractual and Otherwise."

Chapter VIII: "Achilles Among the Women."

Chapter IX: "Judges and Prisons."

Chapter X: "America From the Bottom Up."

Chapter XI: "Love and Marriage."

Chapter XII: "The Memory Thief."

Chapter XIII: "Paris and Rome."

Chapter XIV: "The Nightmare Begins."

Chapter XV: "Torture Chamber."

Chapter XVI: "Ethics and Struggle."

Conclusion.

I expect that chapters will be about 20-25 pages long, including introduction and conclusion. I further expect the manuscript to come in at a hefty 450-500 pages, then to be cut down by about 100 pages. 5 drafts before professional editing -- if I am lucky.