Monday, November 3, 2008

A Surprising Message From a Friend!

November 5, 2008 at 12:16 P.M. (computer clock) efforts to reach my hotmail account are unsuccessful, but I did get to Critique. I will keep trying to reach my e-mail. Any delays in responding are due to the usual harassments from New Jersey. Congratulations to President-elect Barack Obama!

November 4, 2008 at 4:29 P.M. Attempts to back-up files left me with a message indicating that "no Internet connection was available and files could not be backed up." This usually means that essays are being vandalized or other hacks in my computer are taking place. I will try, again, to back-up files, then I will try to discover which files have been damaged in order to repair the harm done.

November 4, 2008 at 11:09 A.M. After casting my vote, I struggled through the boggy marsh of cyberharassment to post revisions at Critique. New Jersey censorship and obstructions make writing very difficult. As a result, it is impossible to make progress on a short story that I am writing or anything else. However, I will continue to write. I hope. My friend's letter below was a little odd since I remember his early support for Barack Obama.

November 3, 2008 at 3:44 P.M. I have spent about a half hour trying to post the essay on Bernard Williams at Critique. This essay has been posted five or six times (so far), then "errors" are inserted in the text. I correct them. The same "errors" are then reinserted to maximize frustration and psychological harm. ("What is it like to be tortured?")

This process has continued indefinitely -- for years now -- with predictable effects and in connection with many writings. I was finally able to post the revisions at approximately 4:45 P.M. Calls received on November 3, 2008 at 3:55 P.M. from (201) 648-0406. I wonder who that could be? Senator McCain? Senator Obama? Senator Clinton? Probably just a "friend."

I will do my best to return to my MSN group -- which may or may not be closing in February, 2009 -- and I will re-post this Williams essay. Regrettably, the process may have to be repeated, added to the harassments of simply reaching the site. I will do my best to continue writing and posting essays on-line. I know that there are people who delight in cruelty, who enjoy hurting others, preferably from behind the back and only when victims are less powerful than themselves. I am more horrified to discover the many bystanders whose inaction makes cruelty possible. The item below seems to have caused great difficulties because of the attached link. I wonder how that could be true?


From: poskonig@hotmail.com
To: gilligan2_@hotmail.com
Subject: Hi Juan!Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 23:36:26 +0000

Hi Juan!

Even though it has been a while since we've met, I've been keeping up with your outstanding and always enjoyable essays at Critique on MSN groups. However, it looks like the MSN Groups service will close down in February 2009. Any idea where you will be moving to next?

I'm sorry that you've been having computer trouble. If it is any consolation, I can read your essays fine-- there is not a single one that's defaced, so the problem must be on your machine. I'm going through some computer issues myself-- my system registry is messed up, though I'm dragging my feet about wiping everything out and starting fresh. It would be fun to believe it is Daley, Obama, Farrakhan, Blagojevich, Tony Rezko, Jesse Jackson, and the rest Democrats here in Chicago just messing with me, but their bad behavior dramatically exceeds the nonsense in New Jersey-- they do what they do here *in the open* with impunity. Now we'll soon get a chance to see them in action at the federal level!

Anyway, what have I been up to? I finished my Bachelor's in Physics in 2006, and since then, I've been working in an office, doing meaningless paperwork. Right now I'm doing self-study to switch over to software design, but that's about 6-18mo off. I still keep up with philosophy, writing synopses at http://jhbowden.wordpress.com/. I have many serious essays I want to eventually write, along with a book (Analysis, Synthesis, and Synopsis) though all this will have to wait a year or two until I'm financially situated and more free time opens up.

Best regards,

Jason Bowden

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today

Jason,

I am sorry to learn that MSN Groups is closing. I have no idea where I can move my group. I don't know about "Multiply." Perhaps this will be an option. I have detected some illegal tracking software, letters from "Publish America," and other objective empirical evidence of ... "shenanigans" directed at my sites, which doesn't surprise me. Read the stuff about New Jersey. Say hello to my old friends from the "neighborhood." I seriously doubt that anything comes close to government by the five families of the mafia, which is what exists in New Jersey -- together with thievery on a grand scale.

I was glad to hear from you. I hope that you don't mind if I post your communication. I will look forward to visiting your sites and reading your work. At the moment, I am searching for a publishing option and for alternative on-line venues to put my pots and pans, trinkets and art objects on display. I will sell my wares shamelessly. Any place where I can post images would be nice, disseminating my writings is quite difficult with all the harassment these days. I keep struggling to write and put the work out there, somehow.

Best of luck,

Juan

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile