Monday, November 19, 2007

I am thankful for you.

November 19, 2007 at 6:43 P.M. I am blocking:
http://view.atdmt.com/iview/msnnkhac001728x90xWBCBRB00110msn;wi.728;hi.90/01
I was unable to print this message from my msn group, so I'll try to print it from this blog. The address that appears above was at the bottom of the blank page from my printer. On the upper left corner of this blank page appears the following: CHTR_Winter_TravelGuides_112007_728x90.tpl

I am thinking of you as I plan Thanksgiving dinner. Telephone calls will have to do for my preparations. My cooking is non-existent, as you know, certainly not up to preparing a Thanksgiving meal. Someday, you'll teach me to cook. I'll be with persons I love this Thursday. One important person will be missing. You. As we get older, we take care of the people who took care of us. Late at night, when everyone is sleeping -- on Thanksgiving Day -- I'll take out a little something from the fridge. I'll set up two plates. (Paper plates, but nice holiday ones.) Two Champagne glasses, filled to the brim with sparkling Diet Sprite. I'll think of you sitting opposite to me, on the floor, as we enjoy a living room picnic. I'll find something great on TCM. I'll even let you wear my Captain Kirk t-shirt. (The other night I saw Born Yesterday and thought of you!) I'll make you laugh. If you play your cards right -- and if you're good in the right way -- you may even get lucky. Naturally, I can't promise anything. Mood is crucial in such matters. You'll have to earn it. Whatever happens, remember, I am thankful for you. http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/lake_v2.jpg